Have you ever tried dry brushing?
Our skin is the largest organ in the human body. Dry brushing your skin helps to unclog the pores and any toxins that may become trapped as it’s working to detox your body.
Dry brushing benefits:
- exfoliates away dead skin
- stimulates the lymph system
- may help reduce cellulite
- unclogs pores
- helps to reduce ingrown hairs
- leaves skin feeling smoother and softer
According to the Cleveland Clinic:
The mechanical action of dry brushing is wonderful for exfoliating dry winter skin. It also helps detoxify by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph flow/drainage. Dry brushing unclogs pores in the exfoliation process. It also stimulates your nervous system, which can make you feel invigorated afterward.
Dry brushing before you get in the shower is a great way to lightly exfoliate the skin and leave it looking glowing and bright! Lock in your glow and nourish your skin with a light natural moisturizer or body oil after showering.
How to dry brush:
- Start on dry skin
- Work in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer stroke upward towards lymph drain points ( videos on this can be easily found on youtube)
- Always begin at ankles and wrists and brush inwards towards your heart.
- Avoid inflammed, injured or sensitive skin.
- Shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities
- Alternating hot and cold in the shower will also to get lymph flow circulating and leave you energized.
Get all our Beautiful Summer Skin resources in my natural health group Synergistic Healing!